Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A Mountain Wedding--Stephen and Sara

My husband, Tommy, and I traveled to Knoxville, TN this past weekend to take part in the wedding of one of Tommy's close friends. This was not your typical traditional wedding! All out of town guests stayed together in a charming little lodge, and the ceremony took place outdoors around a huge bonfire. Surrounded by a ring of gorgeous Smoky Mountains, Stephen and Sara walked themselves down the aisle and then lit candles with all who had gathered to witness their vows. At one point during this liturgical wedding, all the parents read special marriage blessings for their children. It was so special! Everyone had a marvelous time, and I think we got some great shots. Enjoy!












































































1 comment:

Beth Dunn said...

I live in Blount County, TN, near the Smoky Mtns. where this wedding is pictured. My comment, after viewing your entire line-up of photos, ending with this wedding, is WOW! Simply put, all the photos are so unique and enjoyable to look at, and I feel they gave me an authentic sense of the people and events without knowing who they are. I look forward to seeing your film As We Forgive, and hope it becomes available in a theater in Knoxville. The Heartland Film Fest site is what led me here.